commons-user mailing list archives

From Adam <ad...@fanello.net>
Subject [daemon] procrun ignores shutdown
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 23:56:39 GMT
This seems like a massive bug in a mature product, which makes me think I must
be missing something.

Running tomcat7.exe (which is Apache Daemon procrun 1.0.10), Tomcat can be
stopped just fine from Windows Services or command-line (net stop or sc stop),
but when the Windows O/S shuts down, the service isn't told to stop. The O/S
just ends up killing it.

This bug appears to be related to the fact that procman isn't registered to be
notified of shutdown, as shown by a query of the service:

sc query myservice

SERVICE_NAME: myservice
         TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
         STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                 (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,*IGNORES_SHUTDOWN*)
         WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
         SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
         CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
         WAIT_HINT          : 0x0

I looked at what was fixed in 1.0.11, and searched the issues database and
Google - can't find any talk about this gaping hole in functionality.

              http://www.doteasy.com