commons-user mailing list archives

From nie fei <teclu...@gmail.com>
Subject Why execute a ping unavailable address will raise exception?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 07:22:13 GMT
I'm a new learner for this API. Sorry for the last mail, my mistake with
wrong button.

CommandLine cmdLine = CommandLine.parse("ping 10.80.41.171 -n 1");

        ByteArrayOutputStream outputStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
        DefaultExecutor exec = new DefaultExecutor();
        PumpStreamHandler streamHandler = new PumpStreamHandler(
outputStream);
        exec.setStreamHandler(streamHandler);
        exec.execute(cmdLine);
        System.out.println(outputStream.toString());

Normally, if the address is available, then there will be no exception
raised. Otherwise, the exec.execute(cmdLine) will raise exception:

Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1)

Is it normal? Can anyone explain why?