commons-user mailing list archives

From we9 <...@o2.pl>
Subject [JXPath] Can JXPath help me with processing collection based tree?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 16:46:49 GMT

I started to write some methods which process tree structure. The
queries are based on XPath. And now, I discovered JXPath. I was reading
user-guide, but I didn't find what I want.
I must be sure that there is no posibility to do this with JXPath.

I have the following interfaces:
interface IMyNode
interface IMyNodeAggregate<C extends IMyNode> implements Collection<C>,
IMyNode

I want to pass some root (instance of IMyAggregate) and using XPath
notation (eg. /nodeName1//nodeName2/nodeName3) get proper IMyNode
instances. Name of IMyNode is avaliable by calling
myNode.someService().getName() so maybe some interface JXPath should be
implemented?

Please answer me if JXPath can help me?

Thank you in advance,
Kamil