commons-user mailing list archives

From BIGNON Emmanuel <emmanuel.big...@thalesgroup.com>
Subject [Commons-Math] RungeKuttaIntegrator first step too large
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 08:20:07 GMT
Hello,

I tried to integrate some equations using the RungeKuttaIntegrator class with an ending time
within the first step. And it seems Commons Math does not adapt the first step size to match
the ending time (It does it for next steps).

I also noticed that this problem has been solved in issue MATH-727 for Embedded Runge Kutta
integrators (which has an adaptive step size).

Did I miss something or is that normal that the Embedded Runge Kutta integrators performs
the step size check on first step but the Runge Kutta Integrator does not?

Thanks for your time,

Emmanuel