commons-user mailing list archives

From <Matthew.Web...@Diamond.ac.uk>
Subject [math] bundle name for Commons Math 3
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 16:06:50 GMT
In Commons Math 3.0, all the package names start with org.apache.commons.math3, to distinguish
them from packages in the previous (2.2) - issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-444.

However, the name of the bundle itself was not similarly changed - in the MANIFEST.MF from
3.0.0, we have this line:
	Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.commons.math

For various reasons, this is a problem for us in our environment, where our code uses a mixture
of 2.2 and 3.0 classes (there are too many references to quickly change).

Would it be possible (and would it make sense) to change to
	Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.commons.math3
for the next release (presumably 3.1?)

Thanks
Matthew

--
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright and or privileged material,
and are for the use of the intended addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee