commons-user mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [daemon] Problems with commons-daemon, The data area passed to a system call is too small.
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2012 05:30:22 GMT
On 10/01/2012 10:03 PM, Jehova Witness wrote:

>     --Install=Server.exe ^

This must be absolute path

>     --Startup=auto ^
>     --DisplayName="MyServer" ^
>     --Description="MyServer" ^
>     --StartMode=jvm ^
>     --Classpath="C:\Program
> Files\prod\Server-3.1.0-distribution.jar;C:\Program
> Files\prod\Server-3.1.0\lib\*" ^

When you have spaces in the batch file variable use
"foo=a bar" instead foo="a bar"

In second case you will actually get "a bar" with
the quotes!

Next if you wish to use that in both 32 and 64 bit
environment do not use "Program Files", because on
32- bits "Program Files" is mapped to "Program Files (x86)"

Well at least make sure you have that in "Program Files (x86)"
but use ""Program Files" when installing the service.

> With this I get "file not found"  could not start.

Like said use the full path to Server.exe

... and BTW, if you don't get answer within 10 minutes
don't start trolling.

Regards
--
^TM