commons-user mailing list archives

From "J.V." <jvsr...@gmail.com>
Subject [daemon] My installed service does not appear in service list
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 00:01:55 GMT
I have successfully created a windows service (but not yet been able to
start).

With just having it installed, I expect to see the service in the
services list in the windows UI and also when I do:
     $net start        <= I expect to see the service in the list here,

but there is nothing.  Can I or should I expect to see the service when
displaying all services by running "services.msc" or when I do $net start

?

If installing the service does not put it there, what additional steps
do I need to take such that it would be visible and manageable with:
     $net start MyService
     $net stop MyService

?

thanks