commons-user mailing list archives

From Spico Florin <spicoflo...@gmail.com>
Subject [daemon] Increase the timeout when starting the service
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 07:51:05 GMT
Hello!
  I'm using procrun 64 bit on Windows R2 2008 Enterprise. I have a
processes that are lengthy (10-15seconds)   in terms of starup. This I
think is the cause that service startup timeout and the procrun fails with
the error:
*The data area passed to a system call is too small.
*
Can you please tell me if there is any possibility to set up the startup
service timeout? Or how I should proceed with the Java API in start method
to short the time os starting?
My processes are doing some network connection to external datasources that
takes a while to connect to them. This is the reason why it takes so long
to start.

I'll look forward for your answers.
 Regards,
   Florin