commons-user mailing list archives

From Jehova Witness <jvsr...@gmail.com>
Subject [daemon] really, really need a working example to get started - please help.
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 19:43:00 GMT
Is there an example anywhere of how to extend Daemon ( I got that far ),
and to install / start / stop a windows service?

I have an installer that needs to first create a windows service, then
start it.  The installer can create shortcuts etc to start/stop/restart the
service.

The wiki does not have a working example.

I am not sure what I need to import for 'Engine'.  This is similar to my
previous email but did not prefix the subject line with '[daemon]' so there
were
no responses.

I just need a java method I can call to:
  1) create the windows service
  2) start the windows service

I just need a simple example, the wiki example is not sufficient as it does
not compile.  There is no 'Engine' object that I can import from the
commons-daemon jar.

J.V.