commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <>
Subject Re: Licensing questions
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 20:20:55 GMT
Most current versions of Apache components are licensed under the Apache
Software Foundation 2.0 license:

Older versions might still use the Apache Software Foundation 1.0 license.

AFAIK, there are no other Apache Software Foundation licenses.

Third parties, individuals, companies, can provide their own paid-for

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Radel, Ted <> wrote:

> We have a business requirement to support SFTP and FTPS transfers.  From
> looking at Commons, it would appear we would need Net, Logging, and VFS
> components.
> Is the standard software license for Net, Logging, and VFS free for use in
> business/commercial/corporate environment?  Also is it possible to purchase
> a commercial license for the three products and how much would it cost?
> Thanks,
> Ted Radel
> Client Server Programmer/Analyst III
> ADM Alliance Nutrition Inc.
> 217-231-2415
> This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
> it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
> confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
> of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent
> responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are
> communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.

E-Mail: |
JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: <http://goog_1249600977>
Spring Batch in Action: <>