commons-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JCS] Mystery in Purgatory size
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2012 16:50:06 GMT
On 26.09.12 17:16, Chopin hu wrote:
> I set the Purgatory size to 1000 in the default region.   I use file disk cache auxiliary
(not indexed) so that I have one cache item per data (binary data file).    I need to do periodic
batch cache using JCS.    If the cache items are less than 1000, everything works fine.
if the cache items are more than 1000, to say 1010, then roughly about  10 "random" cache
items would be lost.

I'd not recommend the use of FileDiskCache. It has some strange file
system dependencies. Always remember that JCS is a cache, not a
key/value store.

Bye, Thomas.