commons-user mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [Imaging] Will version 1.0 ever be released?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 11:37:35 GMT
Hi.

> Honestly: the incredibly complex and mostly undocumented process for doing
> a release. There are various incompatible bits in at least 4 different
> places:
> * http://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html - is meant to be the
> official Commons release documentation, but it's out of date and the PMC
> rejected my RC2 built with it
> * http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases - a "discussion page"
> * http://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingNexus - a "draft"
> * http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html - the
> instructions for top-level Apache projects, which Imaging is not

Add this to the mix:
  http://wiki.apache.org/commons/GillesSadowski/ReleaseMiniHowto

and I also have the same instructions in a text file (together with a
maven configuration file templates, containing the matching sections for the
commands to work). [I wanted to check in those files in the trunk of the
Commons Math project.]

The above intructions are the exact steps which I followed to get the
release accepted. AFAIK, it's the most recent transcript of a working
procedure.

Best regards,
Gilles