commons-user mailing list archives

From Chopin hu <hucho...@yahoo.com>
Subject [JCS] Mystery in Purgatory size
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:16:21 GMT
Hi, Gurus,

I have a mystery puzzled me for a while now.   like to know the sure answer and explain
it to my manager.

I set the Purgatory size to 1000 in the default region.   I use file disk cache auxiliary
(not indexed) so that I have one cache item per data (binary data file).    I need to do
periodic batch cache using JCS.    If the cache items are less than 1000, everything works
fine.   if the cache items are more than 1000, to say 1010, then roughly about  10 "random"
cache items would be lost.

Hence, I have a bunch of relevant questions as a result of this:
1.)  that the number of files to be cached would have to be smaller than and equal to the
Purgatory size?
2.) what happens on the behind if the cached items number is more than the purgatory size
set in the config file?   It would just be kicked out of the staging region?
3.) is there a way to guarantee that all files are cached, even if the number of files is
more than the purgatory size?

Thx