commons-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Ladenhauf <dan...@ladenhauf.net>
Subject [net] Supporting multiple encodings in NNTP
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 12:33:18 GMT
Hi there,

I'm developing some NNTP client stuff, mainly for use with my university's
NNTP server. It works really well so far, except one thing: articles come
in different encodings (mainly ISO-8859-1, but also ISO-8859-15 and UTF-8),
and I have/want to be able to show all of them correctly.

I've already played around with the __DEFAULT_ENCODING attribute in the
NNTP class and rebuilt the library, but I didn't have any success. I'm
wondering 1) why these changes didn't have any effect, and 2) how I can
make it happen that multiple encodings are supported.

I've searched the archive and found several unreplied posts on this mailing
list, but maybe I'm lucky!?

Thanks,
Daniel