commons-user mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: [email] Version 1.3 in SVN?
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:48:47 GMT
Hi Stefan,

the error message indicates that the SMTP server is not responding on
the port

Only the methods are deprecated and not the functionality ... :-) ...
for an explaination please see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EMAIL-105

So the methods would be

* setSSLOnConnect - Sets whether SSL/TLS encryption should be enabled
for the SMTP transport upon connection (SMTPS/POPS)
* setStartTLSRequired - Set or disable the required STARTTLS encryption

in both cases you wold use a secured connection for sending emails

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl