commons-user mailing list archives

From Jaikit Savla <jaikit.ydogf...@yahoo.com>
Subject [daemon] Application displayname (main class) missing when run via Jsvc
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 23:05:06 GMT
Hi Folks,

When I run Tomcat application with Jsvc - both jconsole and jvisualvm are not able to identify
the jvm process. I wrote a sample script to get displayName ( virtualMachineDescriptor.displayName()
) and it returns empty "" result.

jconsole:
Connection name: pid: 63044

But when I run tomcat application without Jsvc - the name shows up correctly.
Both jvisualvm and jconsole shows the name: jvisualvm: PID: 63044
Host: localhost
Main class: org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
Arguments: start jconsole:
Connection name:
pid: 63044 org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Are there any Jsvc arguments or java arguments which can pass on the name from daemon to forked
application  ?

Has anyone seen this before ?

Thanks,
Jaikit