commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [exec] Portability of Different Approaches across Windows and OpenVMS
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 22:15:15 GMT
On 6 July 2012 20:09, Jordan Grant <JordanGrant@carfax.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the tip, I will implement that soon. I guess the root of my question is,
is there any downside to using the more concise DefaultExecutor approach?

If you want to be sure, check what the code does.

This is open source, so you have full access to the source.

in Windows, but our production environment is in OpenVMS.  I am curious as to whether one
approach or the other is preferred for portability.  I noticed that the CommandLauncherFactory
is capable of producing a VmsCommandLauncher and assume that the second approach is more portable
than the first somehow.  Does the DefaultExecutor use the CommandLauncherFactory and the CommandLauncher
under the covers, rendering the approaches basically the same?