commons-user mailing list archives

From Italo Maia <italo.m...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] Fit function to data set
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 19:20:15 GMT
I have a nx2 matrix to which I would like to fit a function. For such I
need to define the function parameters (3 in total) that result in the best
R² for the dataset. I'm nowhere familiar with Math commons but I was told
OLSMultipleLinearRegression could do that. I'm in a pitch here as I was
unable to acomplish it. In python, this is easely acomplished as seem in
this example (using scipy)
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7588371/scipy-leastsq-goodness-of-fit-estimator

How could I do something similar with java math commons? Thanks.

--
"A arrogância é a arma dos fracos."

===========================
Italo Moreira Campelo Maia
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação - UECE
Analista de Sistemas / Desenvolvedor Web, Desktop e Mobile (Python, Java,
Lua)
Coordenador do Pug-CE
http://www.italomaia.com/
http://twitter.com/italomaia/