commons-user mailing list archives

From Stevo Slavić <ssla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [io] Make FileSystemUtils constructor private and refactor OS stuff from FileSystemUtils into OperatingSystemUtils
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:48:55 GMT
Changing access modifier, yes it will. I guess, even if someone was using
constructor for this utility static methods class, that can mitigated by
scheduling the change for next major release. I'm more interested if there
is any special reason behind decision to make the constructor public in the
first place.

Similarly, I'm interested on any thoughts about refactoring out
OperatingSystemUtils, anyone have anything against that, maybe against it
being part of commons-io. One use case where I'd use it is in a JUnit test
which uses JUnit Assumes API and has OS specific test cases.

Kind regards,
Stevo Slavić.