commons-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [commons-vfs] Need clarification for FileContent.getOutputStream(boolean) method..
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:04:13 GMT
I meant the javadoc for the method.  It doesn't mention append. All it says is "If the file
does not exist, this method creates it, and the parent folder, if necessary. If the file does
exist, it is replaced with whatever is written to the output stream." However, the append
parameter does mention appending. So your comment that it is working as documented applies
to the method portion but not to the specific parameter.

Ralph

On Jul 27, 2012, at 8:46 AM, Gary Gregory wrote:

> The Javadoc talks about append. What "main" docs? I thought the
> Javadoc what the primary doc source?
>
> Gary
>
> On Jul 27, 2012, at 11:04, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
>> That is confusing.  The main documentation says nothing about append, yet the true/false
flag implies that it should append.