commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons-vfs] Need clarification for FileContent.getOutputStream(boolean) method..
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:23:37 GMT
I'm on the road, please feel free to update.

Gary

On Jul 27, 2012, at 12:04, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> I meant the javadoc for the method.  It doesn't mention append. All it says is "If the
file does not exist, this method creates it, and the parent folder, if necessary. If the file
does exist, it is replaced with whatever is written to the output stream." However, the append
parameter does mention appending. So your comment that it is working as documented applies
to the method portion but not to the specific parameter.

> Ralph
>
> On Jul 27, 2012, at 8:46 AM, Gary Gregory wrote:
>
>> The Javadoc talks about append. What "main" docs? I thought the
>> Javadoc what the primary doc source?
>>
>> Gary
>>
>> On Jul 27, 2012, at 11:04, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That is confusing.  The main documentation says nothing about append, yet the
true/false flag implies that it should append.