commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons-vfs] Need clarification for FileContent.getOutputStream(boolean) method..
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 18:14:05 GMT
The javadoc I see reads:

bAppend - true if you would like to append to the file
The wording could be better

Gary

On Jul 27, 2012, at 12:04, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

I meant the javadoc for the method.  It doesn't mention append. All it says
is "If the file does not exist, this method creates it, and the parent
folder, if necessary. If the file does exist, it is replaced with whatever
is written to the output stream." However, the append parameter does
mention appending. So your comment that it is working as documented applies
to the method portion but not to the specific parameter.

Ralph