commons-user mailing list archives

From Ives Laaf <ives.l...@smarthouse.de>
Subject RE: [deamon] windows: passing normal cmd line arguments to service
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 17:31:51 GMT
From: Ives Laaf [mailto:ives.laaf@smarthouse.de]

>From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.kolinko@gmail.com]
>
>> 2012/6/1 Ives Laaf <ives.laaf@smarthouse.de>:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I'm not so firm with jvm and parameter passing, so I wonder how I transform the
following java call into settings für deamon setup/runner so that the java application gets
the parameters and can parse them:

>>>        java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.21.0.jar -role hub -hub http://localhost:4444/grid/register
>>>
>>> So I have actually no idea how to pass those -role and -hub cmd line parameters
to the jvm or deamon settings, to get them to the service. Actually I have the service running
but only with its defaults what is now the assumed outcome.

>> See "StartParams"
>> http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html

	-role
	hub

hmm looks like I only one works for now - which is quite nice so far. Like usually should
have started with just one cmd line parameter, anyhow
pointing to the place helped a lot as I could try on the right place ;).

Thanks a lot.

With Kind Regards
Ives