commons-user mailing list archives

From Ives Laaf <ives.l...@smarthouse.de>
Subject [deamon] windows: passing normal cmd line arguments to service
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 15:57:47 GMT
Hi there,

I'm not so firm with jvm and parameter passing, so I wonder how I transform the following
java call into settings für deamon setup/runner so that the java application gets the parameters
and can parse them:

	java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.21.0.jar -role hub -hub http://localhost:4444/grid/register

So I have actually no idea how to pass those -role and -hub cmd line parameters to the jvm
or deamon settings, to get them to the service. Actually I have the service running but only
with its defaults what is now the assumed outcome.

Somehow it may work with -D options but I tried like:

	-Drole=hub
	-DseleniumArgs="role=hub"

Nothing seems to work - any hints? I really looked around on a lot of places but until now
I didn't get it up and running, most probably its really easy and therefore no one thought
it should be documented seperatly.

Thanks in advance.

With Kind Regards,
Ives