commons-user mailing list archives

From Susanta Mohapatra <mohapatra.susa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [NET] FTP Client not fetching file with german umclaut characheters
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:38:45 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the code I tried but I am not able to make it work but as I said
earlier I can do "mget filename" from a konsole for that particular
filename.

                      ftp = new FTPClient();
      ftp.connect(host);
      ftp.setControlEncoding("UTF-8");

      ftp.setAutodetectUTF8(true);
      ftp.enterLocalPassiveMode();
      ftp.enterRemotePassiveMode();

      ftp.login("xxxxxx", "xxxxxx");
      System.out.println("Connected to " + host + ".");
      System.out.print(ftp.getReplyString());

      // After connection attempt, you should check the reply code to verify
      // success.
      reply = ftp.getReplyCode();

      if(!FTPReply.isPositiveCompletion(reply)) {
        ftp.disconnect();
        System.err.println("FTP server refused connection.");
        System.exit(1);
      }
      boolean ok = ftp.changeWorkingDirectory(pathname);
      System.out.println("Change dir ok: " + ok) ;

      InputStream is = ftp.retrieveFileStream(resource);
      if(!FTPReply.isPositiveCompletion(reply=ftp.getReplyCode())) {
      System.out.println("Reply===>" + reply);
         is.close();
         ftp.logout();
         ftp.disconnect();
         System.err.println("File transfer failed.");
         System.exit(1);
      }
     // Must call completePendingCommand() to finish command.
    if(!ftp.completePendingCommand()) {
         ftp.logout();
         ftp.disconnect();
         System.err.println("File transfer failed.");
         System.exit(1);
    }
      //reply = ftp.getReplyCode();
      System.out.print("Stream1 status: " + ftp.getReplyString());
      System.out.println("Stream: " + is);

The above code doesn't work. Can you tell me whether the above code has any
issues? The filename is  "sozial-fähigen-Anwendungen.txt".

Will really appreciate if you can help me out.

Thanks
Susanta