commons-user mailing list archives

From Orlando Conetta <orlando.cone...@sharpbox.com>
Subject [jxpath] Walk the path.
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:08:54 GMT
Dear Group.

Firstly, I have been using JXPath for over two years and am very grateful
for what is a wonderful tool.

I do have one question though. I currently use XPath to navigate a Java
Bean object graph, where each object implements a Map. However, I now need
to be able to calculate the interdependencies between different expressions
against an object graph.

For example, in the case of the path:

/foo/bar/tomorrow = 1 and /foo/two/three = 0

I would, ideally, like to be able to be able to make a call that returns
the object for each axis of each expression. And so would return an array
of Pointers for: [ foo, bar, tomorrow, two, three]

However, I suspect there is no utility class to do this, and was hoping I
could gain access to the parse tree for an expression and then walk each
axis of each path myself. However, I cannot see a way of doing this either,
or if it is at all possible?

Once again, thank you for this library, and I should be in your debt for
any assistance that can be provided.

Kind regards.

Orlando.