commons-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl>
Subject Re: [JCS] Performance of invalidating a group in LRUMemoryCache
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:26:04 GMT
On 20.06.12 23:51, Joseph A Calzaretta wrote:
> Are we doing something wrong?  Is the behavior we're seeing intended or is it a bug?
 If it is by design, should it perhaps be documented somewhere that the performance of invalidateGroup
is O(n) and not O(1)?

Obviously, the feature was not implemented with your use-case in mind.
Right now, JCS is just a map on steroids with some group support. You
are, however, free to put maps of objects into your cache to implement
what you want. Even better, submit a proposal for a patch to get this
resolved via JIRA and we try to put it in (we prefer unified patches).

Bye, Thomas.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message