commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [NET] FTP Client not fetching file with german umclaut characheters
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:17:13 GMT

In message <CAFL1CpP5Gk8NW3GnVxqcs2ggPJRh_oBadYVZCgCsxS8Lc96Wqw@mail.gmail.com>
, Susanta Mohapatra writes:
>      InputStream is =3D ftp.retrieveFileStream(resource);
>      reply =3D ftp.getReplyCode();
>      System.out.print("Stream1 status: " + ftp.getReplyString());
>      System.out.println("Stream: " + is);
>
>      InputStream is1 =3D ftp.retrieveFileStream("rssfeed1.xml");
>      System.out.print("Stream2 status: " + ftp.getReplyString());
>      System.out.println("Stream: " + is1);

Your problem doesn't appear to have anything to do with character
encodings (besides, ISO-8859-1--which contains the umlaut--used to be
the default character encoding and has never presented any problems
unless something has changed recently).  Unless the API has changed
while I haven't been paying attention, you need to call
completePendingCommand after you're done using the InputStream
before issuing any other command.