commons-user mailing list archives

From Miroslav Pokorny <miroslav.poko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] Does borrowObject block?
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 02:41:33 GMT
On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Gautam Bakshi <gautam.bakshi@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the answer Miroslav.  This brings up a few other questions to
> me, mainly can I extend the life of a object in pool(these objects
> shouldn't be dying if there is work)?  Also, can I somehow specify a
> minimum limit of objects so I can have them match the number of threads I
> have(this way if the pool does get low the thread doesn't have to wait for
> it to be created)?

Hi Gautam

Most of your questions address the main properties that control a pool, and
of course all make perfect sense. The answer to the how is of course what
remains and i would suggest that you take a look at the javadoc or even the
provided tests, as they show how to exercise each and every feature.

hth