commons-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Selg <>
Subject [configuration] attributes in xml config don't apply to all entries of a list
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 14:53:37 GMT

I'm using a different implementation of the DefaultExpressionEngine. I
use attributes in our applications conf.xml to filter the result of
So I have a config file like

       <someStrings environment="test">str1,str2,str3</someStrings>
       <someStrings environment="prod">str4,str5,str6</someStrings>

In the query() methode of MyExpressionEngine I want to access these attributes

       List<ConfigurationNode> queryResults = super.query(root, key);
       for (ConfigurationNode queryResult : queryResults) {
           attributes = queryResult.getAttributes();

The problem is that I only get the attributes for the first node - the
subsequent nodes don't have any attributes set.
So for "str1" I'll get the attribute environment="test", for "str2"
and "str3" I'll get no attributes.

Is that a bug?
Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using commons-configuration 1.8 with jdk1.6

Any help would be appreciated,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message