commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Beard <jbea...@cs.mcgill.ca>
Subject Re: [scxml] there is a working example?
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 19:13:28 GMT
Hi,

Sorry, I don't have enough experience with Commons SCXML to answer that
question.

I mentioned the <script> tag, because in the examples in the SCXML spec,
variables in the datamodel are exposed as local variables to the scripting
context which executes the contents of SCXML nodes with executable content,
such as @expr, @cond and <script>. In the SCXML spec, JavaScript is used as
the scripting language, but I think SCXML Commons allows other scripting
languages, such as EL. When non-JavaScript scripting languages are used,
it's less clear how the data model is exposed to the script context, and
this is somewhat implementation-dependent as well, which is why I suggested
a solution in which JavaScript is used as the scripting language. It seems
Commons SCXML may support using JavaScript as scripting language in the J6
branch.

That's about the extent of my knowledge on this subject.

Cheers,

Jake