commons-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel Rossetti <gabriel.rosse...@trafigura.com>
Subject Commons Validator: Cross field (business logic) validation?
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 11:25:50 GMT
Hi all,

I have searched Google for this but I can't find a definitive answer, can the validation framework
do cross-field validation? I would like to use this for business logic validation as well
as field validation.

Since I don't have a web page (the client is a heavy client) I thought that maybe I could
define several form validation rules, each one being for a specific  business logic rule,
but I haven't seen anyone doing this. Not finding anything prompted me to wonder if I had
not understood how the validation framework works.

Thanks,
Gabriel

  ________________________________

This email and any attachments are confidential and access to this email or attachment by
anyone other than the addressee is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient please
notify the sender and delete the email including any attachments. You must not disclose or
distribute any of the contents to any other person. Personal views or opinions are solely
those of the author and not of Trafigura. Trafigura does not guarantee that the integrity
of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of viruses, interceptions
or interference. By communicating with anyone at Trafigura by email, you consent to the monitoring
or interception of such email by Trafigura in accordance with its internal policies. Unless
otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is indicative only, is subject
to change and does not constitute an offer to deal at any price quoted.