commons-user mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [math] Usage of DifferentiableMultivariateRealFunction
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 09:50:47 GMT
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:14:59AM +0200, Andreas Niekler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for the reply. But i wonder what is the input for value and
> gradient. in DifferentiableMultivariateRealFunction this needs to be
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Which version of Commons Math do you use?
The latest one is 3.0; it is more likely that we can help you if we talk
about the same code.

> a double array but what needs to be provided there? The parameters
> for the function to optimize?

Please give code examples; then, name the arguments which you have trouble
understanding. Otherwise, we spend a lot of time trying to guess what your
question is.

Regards,
Gilles