commons-user mailing list archives

From henrib <hen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jexl] RE: Question about checking for undefined properties versus null value properties
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 20:11:31 GMT
Hi Eric,
I've (to be honest) briefly looked at your solution and the side-effect base
of it (using a flag across calls) was bothering me.

That said, being myself a user of jexl2, the "pain" of jell not-giving an
accurate exception report has been bothering me as well and much more so!
:-)
So, I'm committing in jexl2 (the branch) a few modifications that allow the
same behavior as jexl3 that greatly improve the situation (not loosing
exception origins in method calls for instance).
The engine and the arithmetic can have each a "strict" flag, the former for
var/properties exception, the latter for null operands ones.
By diffing the 2.1 (.1 I hope) source and 2.1.2, you can derive your own
version of it.

As a side note, I'm also committing a change that makes decimal point
constants "double" instead of "float" as defaults the same way jexl3 does.

I'll start the release process soon to get at least 2.1.2 out.
Regards,
Henrib