commons-user mailing list archives

From henrib <hen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jexl] Question about checking for undefined properties versus null value properties
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 13:27:11 GMT
Hi Eric,

If I may, your main question might be summarized as: Is there anyway to have
Jexl only throw an exception if a property or variable is undefined when
strict-mode is on?

The answer is "yes" with jexl3 (i.e. the trunk); the JexlArithmetic and the
JexlEngine may be configured with different "strict" modes, JexlArithmetic
dealing with whether "null" is an error as an operand and the JexlEngine
dealing with the "undefined" variable/property/methods.

This (new) test should exert this use case:

Is this is the behavior you expect?

Retrofitting this feature in 2.1.x is however not in the current plan; I'll
push a 3.0 SNAPSHOT out (i.e. maven snapshot) soon for convenience.
Hope this helps,
Regards.
Henrib