commons-user mailing list archives

From James Wang <James.W...@infor.com>
Subject RE: Procrun fails to stop service
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 21:29:05 GMT
Konstantin:
Thanks for your response.
I am running procrun 1.0.7.  32 bit.
This happened in our customer's server. I have not been able to replicate it in our own server
environment. As soon as I do it, I will send you the details.
I have not seen any long strings or paths in the configuration or installation. But I will
keep this in mind as I continue to investigate.
Thanks again!

 James Wang

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.kolinko@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:19 PM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Procrun fails to stop service

2012/4/19 James Wang <James.Wang@infor.com>

> I wonder anybody else has experienced the problem with procrun failing to stop a service.
The error from the log says:

> Failed to stop '<service name>' service
>
> The data area passed to a system call is too small.
>

> The service is running on Windows 2008 R2 64 bit. It is obviously a resource allocation
matter, but is it possible that procrun is the cause?

> Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

1. What version of procrun?
2. The message likely comes from GetLastError() call, i.e. from the OS.  I'd help if you enable
debug logging to get more details (the log level is configurable in prunmgr dialog).
3. Do you have unusually long strings or paths somewhere in your configuration?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko