commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Zemann <oliver.zem...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] recursive inclusion of xml files with fileNames tag
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:59:02 GMT
Hi Oliver ;)
Thanks for your help.

I tried it with the following code/config:

        CombinedConfiguration conf = null;
        try {
            DefaultConfigurationBuilder builder = new
DefaultConfigurationBuilder(new File("conf/conf.xml"));

            conf = builder.getConfiguration(true);
        } catch (Exception ex) {
            ex.printStackTrace();
        }
        Iterator<String> keys = conf.getKeys();
    }

conf.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>

    <configuration fileName="conf1.xml" />
    <configuration fileName="conf2.xml" />
    <configuration fileName="conf3.xml" />

</configuration>

conf1.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<conf1>
    <name>conf1</name>
    <xml fileName="conf1extend.xml" />
</conf1>

conf1extend.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ext>
    <name>extended</name>
</ext>

but i get:
Caused by: org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationRuntimeException:
No ConfigurationProvider registered for tag name
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder$ConfigurationBeanFactory.createBean(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:1293)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.beanutils.BeanHelper.createBean(BeanHelper.java:336)
	... 14 more

Its a simple string so i am sure this should work out of the box,
shouldnt it? I did not find any parameter like "datatype" which i
could pass to the config element.

Thanks for your help.

Oli