commons-user mailing list archives

From Bernard GODARD <bernard.god...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] UnivariateRealSolver in math3
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:06:22 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to port my program from commons-math 2.2 to commons-math 3.0.

I have several routines that require solvers implementing the
interface UnivariateRealSolver.

Solvers instance used in the program are BrentSolver, BisectionSolver,
SecantSolver, NewtonSolver...

Most of solvers in 3.0 now implement UnivariateSolver. However
NewtonSolver does not.
The only relevant common interface between NewtonSolver and the other
solvers is BaseUnivariateSolver<UnivariateFunction>.
However according to the API documentation, this is an internal
interface that should not be used outside the library iself.

What is the correct way to do this?

Thank you,

       Bernard