commons-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Procrun fails to stop service
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 21:18:43 GMT
2012/4/19 James Wang <James.Wang@infor.com>

> I wonder anybody else has experienced the problem with procrun failing to stop a service.
The error from the log says:

> Failed to stop '<service name>' service
>
> The data area passed to a system call is too small.
>

> The service is running on Windows 2008 R2 64 bit. It is obviously a resource allocation
matter, but is it possible that procrun is the cause?

> Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

1. What version of procrun?
2. The message likely comes from GetLastError() call, i.e. from the
OS.  I'd help if you enable debug logging to get more details (the log
level is configurable in prunmgr dialog).
3. Do you have unusually long strings or paths somewhere in your configuration?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko