commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <>
Subject Re: synchronization and XMLPropertiesConfiguration
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 05:52:10 GMT
Am 18.04.2012 23:35, schrieb Julien Wajsberg:
> Hi Olivier,
> On 18 April 2012 21:40, Oliver Heger<>  wrote:
>>> As I understand it, modifying the object means changing one of its
>>> core values, like the file to load from/save to, the encoding, etc. It
>>> doesn't mean adding or setting a property. Is that true ?
>> No, the configuration's properties are also affected. Internally, they are
>> stored in node-like structures which are not synchronized against concurrent
>> access. Therefore concurrent modifications can have unexpected results.
> However, it seems like setProperty is synchronized with the reloadLock as well ?
> (see
> Am I missing something ?
You are right.

Originally access to properties was not thread-safe. Later on changes
have been made to support concurrent access, so my information is not

However, I was not the author, and I am not sure whether really all
access paths are synchronized.

> Thanks

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: