commons-user mailing list archives

From Robert Heumüller <mail...@heum.de>
Subject [exec] How to ensure a subprocess ends with the parent application
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2012 09:59:29 GMT
Hello,

this is my first post on the apache-commons mailing list - actually
it's my first venture into mailing lists in general :)

I currently use commons-exec in order to start instances of
avahi-browse and avahi-publish. Everything seems to work neatly
excepting the fact that avahi-publish does not quit when the
application ends (for example when I kill via stop button in eclipse).
How can I ensure that a subprocess started by exec is terminated when
the parent process dies? My code looks like this:

http://privatepaste.com/a6b0a35a3c

Thank you for your assistance