commons-user mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Delsaux" <nicolas.dels...@gmail.com>
Subject [vfs] Slow WebDAV
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:59:32 GMT
Hi,
i'm trying to use Commons-VFS WeBDAV filesystem in conjunction with a
Glassfish WebDAV servklet (as I documented here :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9920816/how-to-have-my-webdav-client-server-go-faster).

As it appears, the WebDAV writing on server (which appear to happen during
the FileObject#close()) method is extremly slow. I did a quick profiling
using NetBeans and found outthat jackrabitt-webdav seems to
download/parse/analyze a bunch of DTDs when receiving the server answer,
which, too my mind, may be a reason why those operations are so damn slow
(181 s. to write then read a 2 KB files on a localhost server).

So, what can I do to fasten WebDAV operations ?

--
Nicolas Delsaux