commons-user mailing list archives

From Souravmay Das <soura...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] linear regression output in human readable format.
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2012 03:46:38 GMT
Hello ,

I was looking forward to use apache math, but I have found a serious
limitation in apache-math2x and apache-math3x ; which have stopped me from
using apache math, according to me it is very important aspect and should
have been there, or I am missing something.

When we do linear regression (SimpleRegression) it generates a line
equation( for example: y =3x+7 ) how can i be able to access this equation
in string format. so that end user can understand how the apache math is
working internally. This way I can  persist it into db or file and read it
back into SimpleRegression object.

According to me this is a very basic feature and should have been there in
apache-commons-math package, I am sure I am missing something.

Can any body help me; how my above requirement could be achieved ?

--
Thanks,
Prahalad Das