commons-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons math] - complex matrix inversion
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:39:02 GMT
If you really must do this, use a solver and feed it the identity matrix.
 That is, given the matrix A, solve the matrix system AX = I

Any solver that handles complex matrix right hand sides will do this for
you.  Iterative calls to a solver with successive columns of I can also be
used to fill in columns of X.

But I strongly recommend you rethink the approach.  There are very few
cases were inverting a matrix is a good idea.