commons-user mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject [io] org.apache.commons.io.ThreadMonitor.class ?
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 21:29:57 GMT
Someone has suggested that our team look at the "Apache Thread Monitor"
as a way of timing out some classes that don't natively support timeouts.

In investigating this using the Google, I find references such as this:

http://commons.apache.org/io/cobertura/org.apache.commons.io.ThreadMonitor.html

and this:

http://commons.apache.org/io/xref/org/apache/commons/io/ThreadMonitor.html

Yet when I look at the official Commons IO Javadoc
(http://commons.apache.org/io/api-release/index.html), this class does
not appear to exist.  Nor can I find it in any of the older official
javadocs?

Can someone explain this discrepancy and where I might find this class?

Is this old code that was abandoned for some (probably good) reason?  Is
something else recommended instead?

Thanks.

Steve Cohen