commons-user mailing list archives

From Thufir <hawat.thu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NNTPClient.retrieveArticleBody returns MalformedServerReplyException
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2012 23:04:51 GMT
On 03/24/2012 04:22 AM, sebb wrote:
[..]

Thank you very much for your quick response.   I went ahead and
installed leafnode to pull in a few servers -- they all seem to have
poorly formed content, though.

> NNTP was defined in http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc977
>
> See section 3.1.3 which shows that the body content must be preceeded
> by a status reply.
>
> That appears to be missing in the response from the server.

Yeah, I see more what you mean.  There's supposed to be an int preceding
any response, the status code.

[...]
> Have a look at the examples in:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/net/examples/nntp/

Certainly, and that's where the code:

https://gist.github.com/2180843

All this leads me to infer that it might just be the state of things
that there's malformed content.

Now, it does, basically, comply with the structure.  So, generally, how
would I get malformed (and well formed)  data together into a Collection
of String's?

Am I using the API incorrectly? I think I'm pretty close, so, how to
proceed?

Any general suggestions?  Updated code at:
https://gist.github.com/2180843

thanks,

Thufir