commons-user mailing list archives

From Kasper Føns <kfo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [sanselan] Writing EXIF data to JPEG
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 20:37:59 GMT
On 07-03-2012 19:41, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Kasper Føns<kfoens@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> That TiffOutputField.create() was a horribly broken API that I've
>>> eliminated in the latest SVN, and replaced with a new, beautiful, type
>>> safe, code completable, byte order independent
>>> TiffOutputDirectory.add() API.
>>>
>>> I recommend you use the latest SVN, or wait for the 1.0 release in a
>>> few weeks. If you really must use version 0.97, I think the only way
>>> to get strings to work is to convert the string to bytes with
>>> getBytes(), null-terminate those yourself, then pass them to the
>>> low-level constructor "new TiffOutputField(...)".
>>>
>>> Damjan
>>
>> Hi again Damjan.
>>
>> Thanks for the response. I have had a look at the new API, and it looks
>> cleaner.
>>
>> I want to run this on Android, and I can see that there is a heavy
>> dependency on java.awt, which unfortunately is not in Android.
>> Do you have some hints as what to do?
>>

>> /Kasper
> No, sorry, Android isn't supported at the moment. There is a fork
> (http://code.google.com/p/sanselanandroid/) which supposedly lets you
> do EXIF on Android, but I've never tried it.
>
> Damjan

Hi again again.

So, the android port is using 0.97 unfortunately, so I can't make use of
your nice API.
Is it possible that you could show me with an example, how I would write
the tag "UserComment" using 0.97? Do you have some samples I can look at?
Also, the website seems to contain a lot of dead links.

/Kasper