commons-user mailing list archives

From Moandji Ezana <mwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DbUtils] Could AsyncQueryRunner be a wrapper around a QueryRunner?
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 07:53:11 GMT
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 5:04 AM, William Speirs <wspeirs@apache.org> wrote:

> This is not a bad idea, but I would need to give it more thought.
>
> I tried to reduce code dup when I created AsyncQueryRunner by creating
> AbstractQueryRunner[1], could we just add more code to that class?

I was thinking of having the AsyncQueryWrapper decorate the QueryRunner
with async behaviour, in the same way a BufferedInputStream might decorate
an InputStream.

Here's a patch that shows what I mean. It causes all the interaction-based
tests to fail, but I just wanted to get your take on whether this was a
good/feasible idea.

Moandji