commons-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Class metadata repository
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 06:48:19 GMT
Hi Chas,
  Some of us have been planning to work on a component of this type.
Some of Simone Tripodi's ideas are in the [meiyo] sandbox project; the
[classscan] sandbox area has also been reserved, but we haven't yet
added anything here.  Feel free to join in/start the discussion and
submit patches, etc.

Regards,
Matt

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Chas Honton <chas@honton.org> wrote:
> I need to find classes in a jar file marked with an @Entity annotation without instantiating
the classes.

> I have written similar functionality for a jdo implemention and for an IOC container
by using asm to read the class files.  Now I'm helping out with a jpa implementation.

> Do I need to rewrite this once again or is there a commons component that exposes this
capability?  If not, what is a good component to donate such a capability to?