commons-user mailing list archives

From sam iam <samiam2...@live.com>
Subject [configuration] Variable interpolation across files broken
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 08:19:55 GMT

Hi, With Commons Configuration 1.6, I was able to declare a variable in a properties file,
and then reference it in a XML file using the ${myvar} syntax. For example: global.properties-----myvar=abc
test.xml-----<products>
  <product name="abc">
    <desc>${myvar}-product</desc>
fileName="test.xml" config-name="test" validating="true">
  <expressionEngine config-class="org.apache.commons.configuration.tree.xpath.XPathExpressionEngine"/>
  <reloadingStrategy refreshDelay="5000" config-class="org.apache.commons.configuration.reloading.FileChangedReloadingStrategy"/>
</xml>
When I try to retrieve the value, like so: combinedConfig.getConfiguration("test").configurationAt("products/product[@name='abc']",
true).getString("desc") I get "${myvar}-product" instead of "abc-product". This was working
in Commons Configuration 1.6, but seems to be broken in 1.7 and 1.8. Did something change,
or is there a different way to do this? Or is this a bug?